Rock in Middle of SE Minnesota Highway Causes Four-Vehicle Crash
The State Patrol says the crash occurred on Hwy. 61 about six miles north of Winona. The collision was reported along the facing of a bluff shortly before 8 p.m.
The state crash report indicates the four vehicles were traveling in the southbound lanes of the four-lane highway when they struck the rock. One of the vehicles left the roadway and rolled.
The driver of the vehicle that left the road, 57-year-old Laurie Jacobsen of Minneska, was brought to the hospital in Winona with what are described as non-life-threatening injuries.
The drivers and occupants of the three other vehicles were not hurt. They were identified as:
- Driver: 22-year-old Adrian Marin, Woodbury, MN
- Driver: 73-year-old Robert Slavin, Rollingstone, MN
- Passenger: 71-year-old Nora Slavin, Rollingstone, MN
- Driver: 51-year-old Daniel Kleinertz, Stoddard, WI
- Passenger: 52-year-old Ann Recor-Kleinertz, La Crosse, WI
The State Patrol says alcohol was not a factor in the collision. The Winona County Sheriff’s Office, Goodview Police Department, Rollingstone Firefighters, Winona Area Ambulance and Minnesota City First Responders also responded to the crash.