Everything You Need To Know About Thursdays Downtown in Rochester, MN
Well, summer has definitely showed up in Southeast Minnesota. My hair is super frizzy thanks to the instant humidity. And I felt like I was going to melt into the sidewalk as I walked to my car after work this week. I was basically an overheating frizz ball.
Another sign of summer is the super popular Thursdays Downtown where thousands gather every Thursday for fun on 1st Avenue and throughout the Peace Plaza in downtown Rochester, Minnesota. Last year, Gerard Butler even showed up a few times! #IKR!!!!
Everything You Need to Know About the Popular Thursdays Downtown Event in Rochester, Minnesota
I've been getting multiple messages sent to me on the Y-105FM app asking "When does Thursdays Downtown start?" or like the question above that is wondering when the party is happening downtown. Thankfully, the answer is "soon". And since I can tell multiple people are wondering the same thing, below is everything you need to know about the popular Thursdays Downtown event:
- WHEN: The first Thursdays Downtown for 2023 is June 15th! It will continue everything Thursday until August 10th, expect for June 22nd.
- TIME: 11:00 am until 8:30 pm
- WHAT: According to the DowntownRochestermn.com site, this is "A weekly summer staple of downtown Rochester, Thursdays Downtown combines arts, music, food, and a vendor market into one free community-uniting, block-party-style event! Every week, enjoy life, feel a sense of place, and interact with others at Thursdays Downtown. Your taste buds will be satisfied with enticing foods and musical styles, too."
- WHO WILL BE THERE? Check out the interactive map that lists all of the vendors and fun at each event here.
- WHERE: 1st Ave.SW, 3rd Street SW, and the Peace Plaza in Downtown Rochester
- QUESTIONS? Check out the DowntownRochestermn.com website to learn more.
Full List of Downtown Rochester Events for 2023
Have you turned the air-conditioner on in your house yet?
It was about a million degrees in my house the other day and I was melting just standing in my living room. I also have a Saint Bernard who is desperately searching for all of the snow that he was just rolling around in a few weeks ago. Needless to say, I was tired of having sweat drip off of my face and the a/c did get switched to on.
Have you turned yours on yet? We are taking a quick poll over on Facebook. Just click below or find the post here.