Young Austin, Mn Man Severely Hurt in Fireworks Accident
A news release issued by the Austin Police Department Wednesday morning says officers were dispatched to a residence in the 800 block of 3rd Ave. Northeast on the report of a man who had a firework go off while he was holding it in his hand near his chest.
The emergency call came in shortly before 10 p.m. Upon arrival officers and first responders found an 18-year-old man being tended to by bystanders.
The young man had an injury across his chest and an injury covering the entirety of his right wrist that was described as severe. He was taken to the Mayo Clinic Health System in Austin for further treatment.
Austin Police say they do not have any information regarding his condition as of Wednesday morning.