Where Can You Find the Absolute Best Doughnuts in Minnesota?
Doughnuts or Donuts?
It doesn't matter how you spell them, because both are equally delicious. And by the way, both spellings are correct, too.
If you're a doughnut connoisseur looking for new tasting territory and you're heading to Minnesota, Life in Minnesota has done the research for you.
These Are the Five Best Donut Places in Minnesota - -
- Bogart's Donut Co. - This patron of pastries has really got a handle on what people love in a doughnut. They started as a food stand in a farmer's market and at last count had 3 locations around the Minneapolis-St. Paul area. They're just as famous for their Brown Butter Glaze as they are for their must-try vanilla bean-filled doughnut, plus they'll toss in seasonal fruits too.
2. Nelson Brother's Bakery - According to Life in Minnesota, this place is famous for doughnuts "as big as your face"! So when you stop at the Clearwater Plaza on I-94 it better be when you're starving! They are also well-known for their homemade fudge, candy, and fritter bread!
3. Han's Bakery- This great doughnut maker & baker in Anoka, Minnesota, had a business blip when they closed their doors in 2013. But thanks to an appearance on the Food Network they were resurrected and now business is kept buzzing thanks to not only their doughnuts but their famous German Beehive pastries.
4. A Baker's Wife Pastry Shop - Famous not only for their delectable cinnamon sugar doughnuts, Life in Minnesota indicates that you'd be hard-pressed to find better pies anywhere! Located in Minneapolis, it's worth the drive for donut addicts.
5. Granny Donuts - Family-owned for 30 years, this friendly and prolific bakery is a West St. Paul, Minnesota favorite for classic donuts and much more.
If you're a robot, or you've just eaten, you won't be drooling. For the rest of us, there are even more great places to satisfy your pastry cravings in Minnesota. See the complete list at Life in Minnesota.
Source: Life in Minnesota