Warrant Served for Rochester Man Accused in Sexual Assault
The Olmsted County Attorney’s Office charged 26-year-old Moices Francisco with two counts of felony first-degree criminal sexual conduct last December. Court documents say the assaults occurred while Francisco was lodging with the girl and her mother at a home in Rochester.
Francisco was originally set to appear in court last month, however he failed to appear for his February court date. Court records indicate a summons was sent to Francisco's potential address but was not returned.
The state asked the court to reclassify the complaint as an arrest warrant, saying Francisco's location was not reasonably discoverable. Olmsted County Adult Detention Center records indicate Francisco was booked into the jail Tuesday afternoon on suspicion of criminal sexual conduct charges.
The criminal complaint says the alleged assaults were reported last October. The child between the ages of 10 and 12 told investigators that Francisco would be intoxicated and would touch her while she was watching TV.
Court documents say the child’s mother threw Francisco out of the home after one incident of touching but allowed him to return to the residence after he had stopped drinking. Fransico then sexually assaulted the girl after being readmitted to the home, the charges say.
If you or someone you know has been sexually assaulted, resources are available for help. Visit the RAINN website (Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network) or dial 800-656-HOPE (800-656-4673).
Fransico denied any wrongdoing during a first interview with investigators but then admitted he may have touched the young girl while he was intoxicated but did not recall any wrongdoing. He also denied the allegation in a second interview and told investigators he was temporarily kicked out of the house for hugging the girl, the complaint says.
An Olmsted County judge Wednesday set Francisco's conditional bail at $25,000. His next court appearance is set for March 14.