The 25 Best Places To Live In Minnesota For 2023
Minnesota is a big and beautiful state, and there are some great places to live in the Land of 10,000 Lakes.
Earlier this year, we learned about two of the dirtiest cities in Minnesota. Sometimes we tend to focus on the negative, rather than the positive. We also found out a small town in Minnesota that was considered one of the prettiest small towns in the state. However, do you think you live in the best place in Minnesota?
The website Niche, is a site that puts together research to help people the best places for them. They like to "connect" people to their future schools, neighborhoods, and workplace.
Recently, the website put together a list of the "Best Places to Live in Minnesota". The cities and neighborhoods on the list were graded on factors such as schools, crime rates, housing trends, employment statistics, and access to amenities.
They even retrieved data from multiple sources including the U.S. Census, Bureau of Labor Statistics, and the U.S. Geological Survey.
One cool thing that the site does, is there are also different categories with different rankings. For example, they also have lists of "Most diverse", "Best public schools", "Cost of living", "Best for families", and more.
We're taking a look at the overall "Best Places to Live in Minnesota". Before we dive into the list, here is where Duluth ranks out of 2,340 results on 94 pages, the "Zenith City" comes in at 149. Duluth got an overall grade of "A-", and the site even said 61% of Duluth residents own homes, whereas the other 39% rent. Check out the top 25 below:
25 Best Places to Live in Minnesota
Macalester-Groveland (a neighborhood in St. Paul)
Summit Hill (a neighborhood in St. Paul)
Highland (a neighborhood in St. Paul)
St. Anthony Park (a neighborhood in St. Paul)
Como (a neighborhood in St. Paul)
Hamline-Midway (a neighborhood in St. Paul)
Summit-University (a neighborhood in St. Paul)
Union Park (a neighborhood in St. Paul)
Kingfield (neighborhood in Minneapolis)
Northern Township (Beltrami County)
Lowry Hill (a neighborhood in Minneapolis)
South Uptown (a neighborhood in Minneapolis)
St. Anthony (city)
Lynnhurst (neighborhood in Minneapolis)
Apparently, some of the best places to live are neighborhoods in St. Paul. You can check out the full list from Niche here if you're curious to see where your city ranks.