NW Rochester Kitchen Fire Sends One Person to The Hospital
Rochester, MN (KROC-AM News) - One person was transported to the hospital to be last night treated for smoke inhalation from a damaging kitchen fire in Rochester.
The Rochester Fire Department dispatched fire crews to a residence at 3111 15th Avenue Northwest just after 8 PM due to a report of a kitchen fire. It was reported that the six occupants of the residence attempted to put out the fire with a fire extinguisher before evacuating the building.
A news release on the incident says firefighters arrived at the scene and quickly extinguished the fire on a stovetop. It was also noted that was a large amount of smoke in the home, which required ventilation. The fire damage was confined to the stove, a microwave hood, the kitchen cabinets, and the ceiling. The overall loss was estimated at $10,000.
Information about the medical condition of the individual transported to the hospital is not available.
50 Most Popular Chain Restaurants in America