Minnesota Twins Home Opener Includes Free Breakfast, New Uniforms + Displays And More
The Minnesota Twins kick off their 2023 season on Thursday, March 30 with a three-game series in Kansas City. They will then head to Miami for a three-game series against the Marlins before heading back to Minnesota for their first series at Target Field.
In a recent news release, the Twins have announced a full array of things to see and do for their 2023 Home Opener, and tickets can still be purchased for as low as $15.
Home opening weekend at Target Field will provide fans the opportunity to see the Twin's new look. The 2023 Home Opener will mark the regular season debut of the Twins’ new home uniform, including the club’s tri-color batting helmet and sleek, refined “TC” mark. On Sunday, April 9, fans will get to see the club’s new alternate home uniform, which features the first on-field spelling out of “Twin Cities” by a pro sports team and a return of the Twins’ heritage cream color.
The Twin's uniforms aren't the only new thing for fans to see. Recent Target Field renovations included new displays and April 6 will be the first game day activation of the “Scoreboard 2.0 project”, which is the Twins’ most expansive Target Field renovation project to date. It includes best-in-class LED technology for the ballpark’s new and enlarged videoboards and digital displays, along with a pair of signature elements: An updated “Minnie & Paul” Celebration Sign and a new Baseball Medallion atop the rightfield tower.
Of course, no visit to Target Field is complete without trying some of the great food available at the ballpark, and this year, the Twins will welcome several new, Minnesota-made additions to Target Field’s food and beverage experience.
According to the Twins, the many highlights of the Twins’ daylong Home Opener festivities include:
- Breakfast on the Plaza: The Twins’ opening day tradition returns as fans are invited to drive, walk or bike down 7th Street (adjacent to the Twins New Era Team Store) between 6:00 and 9:00 a.m. to grab a free ballpark-inspired breakfast.
- Opening Weekend Gate Giveaway: The first 20,000 fans through the gates for the April 6 Home Opener, as well as the Saturday, April 8 game, will receive the Twins’ new “TC” hat. Sunday, April 9 is “Kids Opening Day” presented by Gillette Children’s and Target, with the first 5,000 fans 12-and-under getting the club’s new “M and North Star” hat.
- Women in Baseball: The Twins will unveil a new art installation at Target Field dedicated to celebrating the past, present, and future of women in baseball in the Upper Midwest. The installation, located outside the Town Ball Tavern near Section 229, was led by the Twins’ Women’s Initiative Network.
- Local Music Royalty Takes the Mound: Home Opener ceremonial first pitches will be thrown by Minneapolis natives and 2022 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductees Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis. The pair, who first joined forces while still in high school, became innovators of the Minneapolis sound, an exciting blend of jazz, soul, R&B, funk, disco, early punk, new wave, and dance.
- The Field Where It Happens: The National Anthem will be performed by one of the stars of the national tour of the Tony Award-winning Broadway musical Hamilton, which opens at the Orpheum Theatre on April 4 for a 40-show run through May 6.
- An American Hero: Technical Sergeant Don Halverson, a decorated World War II veteran who landed in Naples in October 1943 and remained fighting until November 1945, will raise the American flag. Mr. Halverson was a member of the 34th Red Bull Infantry Division, 168th Rainbow Regiment from Minnesota which were among the first troops to go overseas to Europe during WWII, while the 34th Red Bull Division is credited with amassing 517 days of frontline combat, more than any other U.S. division.
Additionally, the 2023 Home Opener will be fans’ first chance to experience the new Creator’s Corner featuring Must Be Ruff, Native Roots Trading Post, and SJC Body Love.