Minnesota Teacher of the Year Semifinalists Announced
ST. PAUL (WJON News) -- The field of candidates for the 2023 Minnesota Teacher of the Year has been whittled down to 33 semifinalists.
Among the semifinalists is Sartell-St. Stephen high school teacher Joe Schulte. Schulte is a technology education teacher at the school and the only local teacher to make the cut.
An independent panel of 21 community members narrowed the candidates from a field of 132 teachers statewide. The panel will again review the candidates' portfolios in mid-March and come up with 10-12 finalists.
The 2023 Teacher of the Year will be announced at a banquet in May.
READ RELATED ARTICLES
- Attempted Train Jacking Plea
- How to spot and deal with ice dams on your roof
- Stearns County Changing License Center Hours
- Stearns County Moving Ahead With Creating New Park
- MnDOT Announces Snowplow Winning Names