Minnesota Governor’s 2023 Pheasant Opener Announced
ST. PAUL (WJON News) -- Governor Tim Walz will kick off the upcoming pheasant hunting season in Owatonna and Steele County.
The 2023 Governor's Pheasant Hunting opener will take place October 13-14 about an hour south of the Twin Cities.
The event will showcase the many hunting and recreational opportunities that the area has to offer.
Steele County has more than 2,000 acres of state-managed public hunting lands. There are also more than 867 acres of parkland throughout 35 parks and 17 miles of trails.
Hunter Host volunteers are needed. Online registration and more information will be available in early September.
For more information visit the 2023 Governor's Pheasant Hunting Opener website.
READ RELATED ARTICLES
- U-of-M Research Project Reveals New Information on Buckthorn
- Sartell Intersection Closing for Roundabout Construction
- Highway 23/Highway 10 Work Zone Changes Impacting Traffic
- El Nino Could Signal Warmer Winter Ahead
- St. Cloud Mayor Names Rock-On Award Winners